- AdLit.org- Carnegie Corporation of New York's site containing a wide range of research and resources on adolescent literacy, including the reports: Reading Next, Writing Next, and more.
- Izzit.org - This website provides a different daily news article with a series of discussion questions every weekday throughout the school year. These questions are designed to encourage critical thinking, challenge assumptions, and provoke lively classroom discussion.
- Lit2Go - Lit2Go is a free on-line resource of stories and books in mp3 format. Selections are available in audio and PDF formats. Reading levels of passages are given.
- Story Line Online -- This site has members of the Screen Actors Guild reading children's books aloud. It includes activities to use with the books.
- Loud Lit - A website committed to delivering public domain literature paired with high quality audio performances.
- Kansas Library Audiobooks - Downloadable books.
- Read After Us - A website that provides free texts and audio clips (read by high school students) to help students around the world with their language skills.
- Classic Books - Free classic audiobooks.
- Jan Brett - This site has links to a multitude of free activities, coloring pages, projects, videos and other reading related resources.
- Reading Rockets - You can download author podcasts (audio and video).
- Teacher Reading Units - Gay Miller's reading units for a variety of elementary level books.
- Teacher Link - social studies books, grades 1-6.
- Lesson Plan Central - Cyberguides for K-12.
Graphic Organizer Websites
- Teacher Tap - links to a variety of graphic organizers from Education Place and other sites.
- Poetry4Kids - Poetry resources
- Poetry Teachers - Poetry resources
- Poetry Generator - Create poems online and print.
Publishing Sites (books, newsletters, cards, and more)
- Mixbook - Create beautiful photobooks. This site allows you to collaborate with others to create a book.
- LetterPop - An online newsletter generator. All newsletters can be printed and saved. Free.
- San Diego Quick Test - San Diego Quick Test: A quick test to determine reading level based on a list of vocabulary words.
- Tech Teachers - A list of interactive sites for learning vocabulary.
- JC Schools- Academic Vocabulary Words for K-8.
- DLTK- Cutomize your own bingo cards.
- http://www.tampareads.com/trial/vocabulary/index-vocab.htm - National List of Vocabulary Words K-5.
- Mrs. Perkins - List of preprimer-third grade dolch words, sight word stories, and other forms and assessment materials.
- School Bell- First Grade Teacher's Site with great word wall and dolch activities.
- Mrs. Perkins Dolch Downloads